The World Missions Center at Truett McConnell University is a reality birthed from the heartbeat of Truett McConnell’s President, Dr. Emir Caner. WMC exists to better prepare students and Georgia Baptist Churches to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations.
- Clarkston outreach ministries is led by the Clarkston Leadership Team and is an Outreach to refugees living Clarkston, Georgia. The ministry consists of a weekly (Saturdays) children’s ministry and door-to-door evangelism and discipleship in a specific apartment complex.
- Human trafficking ministry is led by Emma Mcgee and Will Mckee and is a ministry team focused on partnering with organizations locally and in the Atlanta area who are working to rescue men women and children from sex trafficking. Activities may include passing roses out to women in Atlanta or simply writing cards of encouragement for other organizations to pass out.
- Homeless Outreach is led by Cameron Lee and is reaching out to the homeless, both here and in Atlanta. The heartbeat of this team is to listen to people, hear their stories, and share the story of Jesus with them while also seeking to meet peoples’ basic needs in a sustainable way.
- Trekking Outreach Team is led by Megan Burke reaches out to hikers and trekkers in the North Georgia area as well as the Appalachian Trail. The goal of the team is to serve people who are hiking while also being intentional to have spiritual conversations with them along the way.
- Young Scholars is led by Maryssa Dillard and Raegan Davidson and is an after school tutoring program in White County that helps young students with their education while also teaching them about the Bible and sharing the gospel with their families.
- Nursing Home Ministry is led by Brynna Humphrey and serves local nursing homes, bringing encouragement and the gospel to residents and workers.
- I’ll Tell Piedmont is led by Evan Barnes and is an outreach to Piedmont College students. They are able to partner with Piedmont students in an effort to host Bible studies and worship nights and to share the gospel on campus.
- Disaster Relief is led by Samantha Crawford.
- EMBRACE ministry is led by Sydney Beach and seeks to encourage students as well as help them raise money for mission trips.
- Foster Care Ministry is led by Bree Samples.
- Reaching the Unreached People Groups is led by Rachel Durham (Partnerships for Unreached Peoples).
- TMU supports missions in India, Thailand, Kenya, London, etc.
- TMU supports International Mission Board (IMB)’s program Hands On. This program is a semester long missions project that can be an extension of a student’s education at TMU. Students will be immersed in another culture and learn what it looks like to live on mission in any context. You can find out more by visiting the Hands On homepage.
To learn more about local and global opportunities, email email@example.com. We will connect you with the ministry and team leaders. Let us know if you would like to start and lead a new ministry team.