Veterans Benefits Information

Truett McConnell University is proud to partner with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in assisting our military veterans in obtaining their education.

TMU’s role in the process is to inform the VA that a beneficiary has begun enrollment at the college in order for pre-determined benefits to commence. Therefore, your initial action is to apply for possible benefits through the VA. The college has no access to your military records and cannot determine your eligibility. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to receive benefits, you should contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit their website at

  • STEP 1: Apply for benefits through the VA either by completing an application obtained from the VA or by applying online at

Once you have completed your application for benefits, your next step is to inform TMU of your plans to enroll. Registrar’s Office staff are the certifying officials and are located in the Miller Building room 112 on campus.

  • STEP 2: Contact the Registrar’s Office at TMU for instructions about obtaining certification from the college. The phone number is 706-865-2134 and the email is

You will need to provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility for Education Benefits received from the VA.

Unless you break enrollment, you will be certified at the beginning of each term of enrollment. You must contact TMU’s certifying official if:

• You break enrollment
• You change your major
• You drop a course
• Your address or any other permanent information changes

This information must be promptly reported to the VA by the college, and failure to do so may result in a disruption of your receiving benefits.

Thank you for choosing Truett McConnell University to continue your education. We are honored to serve our military veterans.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 706-865-2134 or email

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).