In the event of inclement weather or an emergency, Truett McConnell University (TMU) follows a set procedure for announcing operational changes by making one of three announcements:
- Campus is open and operating on a regular schedule;
- Campus will close early or will delay opening until a specific time; or
- Campus is closed.
Any changes to TMU’s operation schedule will be announced in the following ways:
- truett.edu – an official emergency or inclement weather banner will be displayed across all pages on the TMU website.
- Truett email – students, faculty and staff will receive immediate notice of school closures and delays and emergency procedures through their truett.edu email accounts.
- Phone call – Employees and students who have submitted their phone numbers to the office of Student Life will receive an automated phone call from TMU.
- Social Media — announcements will also be posted to the primary TMU Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Radio and Television — During inclement weather, the latest campus information is also provided to the following local and Atlanta based radio stations: WRWH (1350 AM), WDUN (102.9 FM/ 550 AM), WCON (99.3 FM), The Fish Atlanta (104.7 FM) and AccessWDUN.com, as well as the following television stations: WNEG TV Channel 32, Channel 2 Action News, Fox 5 News Channel 5, 11 Alive News and CBS 46 news.
Decision to Delay or to Close Campus
In the Cleveland and White County area, inclement winter weather often develops overnight when temperatures drop. In such cases, attempts are made to post announcements and notify media by 6:30 a.m. Delayed openings or early closure announcements will include additional information specific to the closure or delay. When inclement weather or emergency conditions are such that closings occur two or more days in succession, the procedure is followed each day.
When our campus is open, there may be unsafe travel conditions in your area. Please exercise caution and gather as much information as possible about weather and road conditions before you decide whether to travel during periods of inclement weather. The safety of TMU students, faculty and staff is paramount during emergencies and inclement weather. If conditions are such that traveling may be hazardous, contact your supervisor or instructor as soon as possible to inform him/her of your particular situation.