Truett McConnell University (TMU) is a private Christian liberal arts and sciences university that equips students to fulfill the Great Commission by fostering a Christian worldview through a Biblically-centered education in a family friendly environment.
To review our identity, mission and core values, visit About TMU.
The following points may be used when referring to TMU:
- Our slogan is “From the very first verse to the very last tribe.”
- Truett McConnell was chartered on July 23, 1946 to train up a generation of ministers to pastor churches and students who would love Christ. This same vision stays intact and only grows and expands.
- Scripture is the foundation for everything we do and of all that we are.
- Students get a biblical education, inside and outside the classroom.
- All undergraduates are required to take the Great Commission minor.
- We’re training students to love the Lord, love the Word, love the Church and love the lost.
- We’re preparing students not only for a career or to receive a paycheck, but to fulfill God’s high calling on their lives.
- We’re located in the beautiful Northeast Georgia Mountains in Cleveland, Georgia.
- All full time faculty have signed the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- We offer a wide array of bachelor’s programs of study including Biology, Business Administration, Christian Studies, Criminal Justice, Education, English, Exercise Science, History, Humanities, Music, Nursing, Psychology and World Missions.
- Master’s degree offerings at TMU include a Master of Arts in Theology, Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education and Master of Science in Biology.
- We offer online programs including a BS. in Business Administration, B.A. in Christian Studies, B.S. in Psychology and M.A. in Theology.
- Residential students live and learn in a community of faith with personal attention from TMU faculty.