The HESI A2 Admission Assessment Examination is required for entrance into the RSSON BSN program. Each prospective student will complete the HESI A2 prior to acceptance into RSSON. A composite score of 75% is required for consideration of admission.
Refer to RSSON HESI A2 Admission Assessment Policy for test blueprint.
HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review, 4th edition by Elsevier, ISBN-10: 9780323353786
ISBN-13: 978-0323353786 located on Amazon at:
https://www.amazon.com/Admission-Assessment-Exam-ReviewHESI/dp/0323353789/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=HESI+A2+study+guide+elsevier&qid=1561949001&s=gateway&sr=8-1 or available for purchase through Elsevier and individual MyEvolve accounts.
Additional Resources available: (available on the web)
Ebsco Learning Express has multiple practice exams available with an email registration which can be accessed at:
Test-Guide: Free HESI A2 Practice Tests has practice exams available at:
Mometrix Test Preparation for HESI A2 has practice exams available at:
NurseHub Free Practice Tests for HESI A2 has practice exams available at:
Additional downloadable Resources available through Learning Express
Nursing Schools Entrance Exam 3rd edition from Learning Express
>1 month prior to test date:
- Schedule HESI A2 exam with RSSON.
- Prepare for the HESI A2 by reviewing the recommended resources. Additional preparation can include the additional resources.
- Ensure adequate sleep and rest prior to the testing date.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled test time.
- Bring picture ID, printed receipt of exam payment, and payment for RSSON.
- Bring to the testing site at least two pencils, a bottle of water, and a snack.
- Take breaks as necessary to ensure success, i.e. restroom privileges and mini-mental breaks throughout the exam.
- Keep in mind, the exam can take approximately 3 to 4 hours (or more), dependent on student’s performance.
- Be respectful of others testing and remain quiet. If minor noise is distracting during an exam, you may bring earplugs. If assistance is needed, prompt the testing proctor for assistance.
After the Exam
- Students may access their scores after 24 hours from completion of the exam through Elsevier & MyEvolve account.
- If a retake is necessary, please reschedule with RSSON.
- Any questions may be forwarded to RSSON at email@example.com