In an effort to keep our Truett McConnell family (both current and future) informed, we wanted to share some exciting news and useful information about our plans for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Our plan is to reopen for a full residential experience this fall. This includes in-person classes along with student life events and residential living.
- In a continued effort to keep our students, employees, and families safe, we have developed a regimen of procedures that are aimed at protecting our campus community, identifying threats from contagious illnesses, and enhancing communication regarding the health of our campus. Some of these protocols will include:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in our dorms, common areas, and classrooms.
- Temperature screenings with contact-free thermometers.
- An enhanced health notification system.
- Making face masks available to our campus community.
- Detailed health protocols when identifying infectious illnesses (such as COVID-19, influenza, etc.).
- We will be reviewing our plan throughout the summer and adjusting it as needed to match the guidelines given by the state of Georgia.
- The state of Georgia will be issuing new regulations on June 1, so look for more details from us after we have had time to review those new guidelines.
Return to News Archive