Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
The Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science is designed to provide students with a background in health and wellness.
Students will be trained to serve God and man in corporate wellness, clinical exercise physiology, rehabilitation services, and similar exercise-based careers and to provide adequate pre-qualifications for entrance to graduate and professional programs related to exercise science, wellness, and medicine. The exercise science program includes hands-on training opportunities in both academic and research environments as students develop the ability to apply the principles of math, physics, chemistry, and biology to exercise and physical activity for the purposes of maintaining health and treating illness.
The exercise science program is supported by:
- A comprehensive laboratory curriculum
- Opportunities to lead wellness and exercise courses
- A growing athletic population
- A physical activity research program (in cooperation with the biology program)
AREAS OF STUDY
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Physiology of Exercise
- Anatomical Kinesiology
- Physiological Aspects of Training for Sport
- Exercise Prescription
- Fitness Assessment
- Cancer Rehabilitation Specialists
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Specialists
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Personal Trainers
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialists
- Wellness Coaches
Exercise science graduates also enter graduate programs in many of the above mentioned fields or to pursue graduate degrees in exercise science-related disciplines.
Review the curriculum outline for Exercise Science.
Dr. Robert S. Bowen
Dean of The Pilgram Marpeck School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
firstname.lastname@example.org – 706-865-2134, ext. 6400.