AreaFaculty | School of Theology and Missions
- Ph.D., Liberty University
- M.A.R., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- BA., University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- New Testament
- Church Ministries
Member, Evangelical Theological Society
- A. Boyd Luter and Nicholas Dodson, “Leadership as Matured Discipleship in the Gospels and Acts” in Biblical Foundations of Leadership: Exegesis for Everyday Leaders, Benjamin K. Forrest and Chet Roden, eds., Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel, 2017.
- A. Boyd Luter and Nicholas Dodson, “‘Matthean Theological Priority?’: Making Sense of Matthew’s Proto-Ecclesiology in Acts 1-14,” Southwestern Journal of Theology 61, no. 1 (Fall 2018), 63-74.
- Nicholas Dodson and Joseph Pak, “An Examination of 2 Peter 1:19-21 and its Implications for Understanding the Inspiration of Scripture,” Estudios Bíblicos76, no. 3 (Sept-Dec 2018), 385-410.
- A. Boyd Luter and Nicholas Dodson, “Hidden in Plain View: An Overlooked Chiasm in Matt 16:13-18:20,” Filologia Neotestamentaria XXVIII (2017), 23-37.
- Nicholas Dodson and Brian T. Scalise, “An Inquiry in the Early Creed of Romans 1:3 – 4: Does The Word Ὁριζω Support an Adoptionistic Christianity?” Eruditio Ardescens 2, no. 2 (2016): Article 4.
- Nicholas Dodson, “Paul’s Use of Δικαιοσύνη Θεοῦ and a Critique of the New Perspective Interpretation,” Journal of Ministry and Theology 19, no. 2 (Fall 2015): 133-164.
- Review of Oral Tradition and the New Testament: A Guide for the Perplexed, by Rafael Rodriguez, Eleutheria 4, no. 1 (Spring 2015), 59-62.
Managing Editor, Eleutheria: The Graduate Student Journal of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, 2013-2016.
During my tenure as managing editor, Eleutheria has been accepted to be cataloged by the ATLA Religion Database, which is, “the premier index to journal articles, book reviews, and collections of essays in all fields of religion…Journals are selected for inclusion according to their scholarly merit and scope. The fact that many publishers solicit the inclusion of their journals in ATLA RDB is indicative of the stature it has achieved in the community of religion scholars.”
- A. Boyd Luter and Nicholas Dodson, “Matthean Theological Priority: Making Sense of Matthew’s Proto-Ecclesiology,” presented at the Southwest Region meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, March 31, 2017, Fort Worth, TX.
- Nicholas Dodson, “Evidential Apologetics and Spiritual Formation: Strengthening the Faith of Believers as Support for the Use of Christian Evidences,” presented at the Eastern Region meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, April 1, 2016, Lynchburg, VA.
- Nicholas Dodson and A. Boyd Luter, “Mathetaical Ecclesiology: An Exegetical Examination of Disciples as the Church,” presented at the Everyday Theology Conference, March 20, 2015, Lynchburg, VA. Plenary speakers – Ben Witherington, III and Craig Evans.