AreaDean of Theology and Missions | Faculty | Speaker's Bureau
Office Phone706-865-2134, ext. 6606
LocationHood Building 104
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.Div., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.S.AE., Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.AE., Georgia Institute of Technology
- New Testament
- Preaching / Bible teaching
- Logic and Critical Thinking
- Systematic Theology (especially Ecclesiology)
- Pastoral Ministries
- Creation Studies
- SWBTS Patron Scholar (2009-2014)
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
- Member, Sigma Gamma Tau Aerospace Honor Society
- Disseau. “Italian Anabaptism: Was There Ever Such a Thing?” In The Anabaptists and Contemporary Baptists: Restoring New Testament Christianity; Essays in Honor of Paige Patterson, ed. Malcolm B. Yarnell III, 235-60. Nashville: B&H Academic, 2013.
- Disseau. “Appendix C – Sermon Sample – Heavenly Worship – Revelation 4:1-11.” In McDill, Wayne. 12 Essential Skills for Great Preaching, 273-94. Nashville: B&H, 2006.
- Firpo. “Religious Radicalism: from Anabaptism to Anti-trinitarianism.” Translated by Maël Disseau. Southwestern Journal of Theology 56:2 (2014): 257-69.
- Disseau. “Baptism in the Theology of A. H. Strong.” Baptist History and Heritage Journal 47, no. 3 (2012): 34-51.
- Disseau. “Ordination – An Evaluation and a Proposal.” BETFA: Journal of the Ogbomoso Circle 9 (2010): 33-57.
- Disseau. “Italian Anabaptism: Was There Ever Such a Thing?” Fort Worth, TX: Anabaptism and Contemporary Baptists Conference 2012, January 2012.
- Lungu, Scarborough, Disseau, and Jagoda. “Scavenging a Small High Aspect Ratio Two-Stroke Engine.” Reno, NV: 44th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit, January 2006.
- Disseau, Scarborough, and Jagoda. “Development and Investigation of a Small, High-Aspect Ratio, Two-Stroke Engine.” Reno, NV: 41st AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit, January 2003.
- Kirtas, Disseau, Scarborough, Jagoda, and Menon. “Experimental-Numerical Studies of Combustion Dynamics in a High-Aspect Ratio Micro-Engine.” Sapporo, Japan: 29th International Symposium on Combustion, July 2002.
- Disseau, McElhannon, Bustamante, Menon, and Jagoda. “Turbulent Premixed and Partially Premixed Combustion.” Boulder, CO: 27th International Symposium on Combustion – Poster Session, August 1998.
- Disseau, McElhannon, Lal, Menon, and Jagoda. “The Effect of Gravity on Turbulent Premixed Flame Propagation.” Reno, NV: 36th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit, January 1998.
- Menon, Disseau, Chakravarthy, and Jagoda. “Turbulent Premixed Flame Propagation in Microgravity.” Cleveland, OH: 4th International Microgravity Combustion Workshop, 1997.
- Disseau, Menon, Jagoda, and Sujith. “The Effects of Gravity on Turbulent Premixed Flame Propagation – A Preliminary Cold Flow Study.” Reno, NV: 35th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit, January 1997.
- Disseau. Review of The Elder: Today’s Ministry Rooted in All of Scripture, by Cornelis Van Dam. Southwestern Journal of Theology 53 (2010): 98-99.
Acknowledged Manuscript Reviews:
- Roblyer and Doering. Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching. 5th ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 2010.
- McDill. The 12 Essential Skills for Great Preaching. 2nd ed. Nashville: B&H, 2006.
- Baptist history and heritage
Maël Leo David Soliman Disseau is a Frenchman native of Milan, Italy, who, in good Marpeckian tradition, is an engineer turned theologian. He is married to Cindy, his college sweetheart. A contributor to 12 Essential Skills for Great Preaching and The Anabaptists and Contemporary Baptists, Maël has interests in Anabaptistica, Systematic Theology (especially Ecclesiology), and pastoral ministries.
He also has a heart for missions and ministry in the francophone world. He has taught the gamut from eighth grade to graduate classes to senior adult Sunday school, covering topics as varied as engineering, math, Baptist history, New Testament, preaching, and theology. Over the years, he has served local churches in a variety of capacities, including the roles of deacon and pastor. He currently serves as Associate Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies and Undergraduate Program Coordinator for the Christian Studies Degrees in the School of Theology and Missions at Truett McConnell University.
To visit Dr. Disseau’s personal website, visit: The Adventures of Maël and Cindy.