AreaFaculty | School of Theology and Missions
- Doctor of Theology, The University of South Africa
- Doctor of Missiology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Master of Arts (Church History), Baylor University
- Bachelor of Arts (Religion and Philosophy), Dallas Baptist University
- American Society of Church History
- American Society of Missiology
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Hesselgrave, David J., and Keith E. Eitel eds. Paradigms in Conflict : 15 Key Questions in Christian Missions Today. Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 2018.
- “Shifting to the First Person: On Being Missional,” Occasional Bulletin: Evangelical Missiological Society, 22.1 (Winter 2009): 1-4. Also see same article as White Paper 30, The Center for Theological Research, at www.BaptistTheology.org.
- Missions in Contexts of Violence, Editor. Evangelical Missiological Society No. 15, (Pasadena: William Carey Library, 2007).
- “Article IX Evangelism and Missions,” in Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America’s Largest Protestant Denomination, ed. by Douglas K. Blount and Joseph D. Woodell, (Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield, 2007).
- “Evangelical Agnosticism: Crafting a Different Gospel” in Southwestern Journal of TheologyVol. 49 No. 2, (Spring 2007): 150-166. See also www.BaptistTheology.org/journal.cfm
- Author of 12 articles in the Evangelical Dictionary of World Missions, ed. by A. Scott Moreau, (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2000).
- Paradigm Wars: The Southern Baptist International Mission Board Faces the Third Millennium, (Carlisle, UK: Regnum/Paternoster, 2000).
- “‘To Be or Not to Be?’ The Indigenous Church Question,” Missiology: An Introduction to the Foundations, History, and Strategies of World Missions, ed. John Mark Terry, Ebbie Smith, and Justice Anderson, (Nashville: Broadman Press, 1998), 301-317.
- “Traditional Religions: Primal Religiosity and Mission Dynamics,” Missiology: An Introduction to the Foundations, History, and Strategies of World Missions, ed. John Mark Terry, Ebbie Smith, and Justice Anderson, (Nashville: Broadman Press, 1998), 347-362.
- “World Christianity,” Missiology: An Introduction to the Foundations, History, and Strategies of World Missions, ed. John Mark Terry 2nd edition, (Nashville: B & H Academic 2015), 563-572.
- Study Note contributor to “Jonah” and “Acts” in The Believer’s Study Bible, ed. W.A. Criswell, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1991).
- “James Madison Pendleton,” Baptist Theologians, ed. Timothy George and David S. Dockery, (Nashville: Broadman Press, 1990), 188-204.
- “Thy Way: Christ’s Uniqueness and Its Bearing on Modern Missions,” Criswell Theological Review, vol. 4, no. 2 (Spring 1990), 279-293.
- “Contextualization: Contrasting African Voices,” Criswell Theological Review, vol. 2, no. 2, (Spring 1988), 323-334.
- “Echoes From the Past: The Theological Significance of Carey’s Enquiry for Contemporary Global Evangelism,” An Enquiry Into the Obligations of Christians to Use Means for the Conversion of the Heathens, by William Carey, revised edition edited by John L. Pretlove, (Dallas: Criswell Publications, 1988).
- “The Transcultural Gospel — Crossing Cultural Barriers,” Evangelical Missions Quarterly, vol. 23, no. 2, (April 1987), 130-138.
- Transforming Culture: Developing a Biblical Ethic in an African Context, (Nairobi: Evangel Publishing House, 1986).