AreaFaculty | Finance and Operations | School of The Humanities | School of Theology and Missions
Office Phone706-865-2134, ext. 3000
LocationMiller Hall 103
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MBA, Truett McConnell University
- M. Div., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.S., Louisiana State University
- History of Christianity I and II
- World History I and II
- Modern European History
- History of Islam, Spiritual Formation
- Capstone in Christian Studies
- Bible Survey
- Supervised Ministry Experience
- Baptist History
- Ministry Administration and Leadership
- Local Church Internship
- History of Anabaptism
- History of Moravian Anabaptists and Czech Brethren (Unitas Fratrum)
- History of Baptists
- History of Christianity
- Faculty Excellence Award, 2015. Awarded annually to a single faculty member, chosen by fellow faculty members of Truett-McConnell College.
- Vulcan Materials Award for Teaching Excellence, 2013. Awarded annually to a single faculty member, chosen by the Truett-McConnell College President and the Vice-President for Academic Services.
- Robert A. Baker Award in Church History, 2004. Awarded by Church History faculty at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Todd Brooks Riza Memorial Spring Practicum Award, 1996. Awarded by fellow Spring Practicum participants at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Mennonite Historical Society
- 16th Century Society
- American Society of Church History
- Baptist History and Heritage Society
- “Erasmus: A Return to the Sources of Education,” in Theological Orientations of Religious Educators, Liberty University Press, June 2016.
- “Sermon on 1 Peter 5:6-11,” presented at Chapel Service, Truett-McConnell College, Cleveland, Georgia, January 28, 2016.
- “Leonhard Schiemer’s Anabaptist Catechism (1527/28),” in Southwestern Journal of Theology, 56 (Spring 2014).
- “The Lighthouse of the Reformation: Nikolsburg and Hubmaier’s Anabaptist Catechism,” in The Anabaptists and Contemporary Baptists, Restoring New Testament Christianity: Essays in Honor of Paige Patterson, B & H Academic, October, 2013.
- “Moravian Anabaptism: Balthasar Hubmaier and the Czech Brethren,” presented at Sixteenth Century Society Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio, October 26, 2012.
- “Radical Reformation Day Sermon,” presented at Chapel Service, Truett-McConnell College, Cleveland, Georgia, April 19, 2012.
- “The Lighthouse of the Reformation: Nikolsburg and Hubmaier’s Anabaptist Catechism,” presented at Anabaptism and Contemporary Baptists Conference, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, January 30, 2012.
- Walter Klaassen and William Klassen’s Marpeck: A Life of Dissent and Conformity. Reviewed in Southwestern Journal of Theology, 52 (Fall 2009):123-26.
- “Leupold Scharnschlager and his Defense before the Strasbourg Council (1534),” presented at Anabaptist Convictions After Marpeck Conference, Bluffton University, Bluffton, Ohio, June 26, 2009.
- “The Shaping of the Two Earliest Anabaptist Catechisms.” Ph.D. diss., Ann Arbor, MI: UMI Dissertation Services, 2008.
- “Cyril of Jerusalem and His Sacramental Theology.” Unpublished manuscript, Fort Worth, TX: Scripta, 2000.
Married since 1992 (to the woman who led me to Christ), with two children, daughter (1998), son (2001). I joined the Truett McConnell family in August 2011. I currently serve as Vice President for Finance and Operations and Chief Financial Officer, and as Associate Professor of History and Theology. In my time at TMU, I have served as Associate Vice President of Special Projects, IT and Business Support, and I was the founding Dean of the Hubmaier School of Theology and Missions. In case you are wondering, my last name is pronounced: “graph-uh-knee-no.” I came to faith in Christ at the age of 20. The Lord has sought me to serve Him in both business and ministry for over 30 years. I am also a Cajun who can cook a mean pot of Chicken and Sausage Gumbo! GEAUX TIGERS!