We offer free coaching by appointment. Coaching is for students who need consistent, targeted spiritual, social, and academic support. Appointments usually last thirty minutes to one-hour and focus on topics such as:
- Learning and study strategies
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Develop plans to reach their academic, personal, and career goals
- Connect with resources on campus and beyond
Probation & Academic Recovery
The Office of Student Success offers workshops and individual coaching for students on academic warning and probation in order to help them recover from past academic difficulties, return to good academic standing, and achieve overall success. If the student is on Satisfactory Academic Progress warning, we can help them get back on track by:
- Helping students gain accurate assessment of their current situation through the Office of Academics.
- Partnering with students to develop a personally relevant plan with the idea of conquering goals.
Early Alert Program
At the start and throughout each semester, we ask all faculty and staff to notify the Office of Student Success of those students who are experiencing academic and/or personal challenges or who may be in danger of failing, dropping out or hurting their educational experience by completing a Student Alert Notice. Upon the receipt of such notices, the office makes the determination of what specific set of services or intervention would best work for the student. Often, this involves one-on-one meetings with the student and his/her instructor to discuss methods and strategies for improving the student’s current academic performance. Such recommendations may require the intervention of other Academic Support and Tutoring or the counseling and wellness services.
Please fill out this ALERT FORM in link below to submit an alert notice to the Office of Student Success.
Contact Andrew Gailey regarding any questions or concerns about student success,
Other services to help equip students with the strategies and resources include:
- Explore their interests and give guidance in identifying their calling
- Develop plans to reach academic, personal, and career goals
- Engage in more productive study and learning behaviors
- Manage time more effectively
- Help student achieve the goal of earning a TMU degree and finding employment
Career Services at Truett McConnell University exists to provide students connections with employers, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as to assist students in developing effective career decision-making and employment skills reflective of God’s unique calling on their lives.
Career Services provides assistance with:
- Choosing a major
- Identifying your skills, values, interests, and personality
- Exploring career options
- Setting goals
- Networking and job search
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Developing interview skills
- Graduate/professional school search
Contact Havilah Miller to set up an appointment. Career appointments are also available for online students via the web.
Student Employment at TMU
TMU often posts student employment opportunities on the Human Resources website, so check back often.