What furniture is provided in the room?

All rooms include a desk, three drawer chest, twin-size bed and closet.

What should students bring to campus?

Review this list of items to bring to TMU.

When can students move in to their room?

First time students, ages 17-20, enrolling full-time, will move in on August 12th, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.  All transfer students and first time students, age 21 and over, will move in on Monday August 14th, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Visit Move to TMU for more information.

Do residential students have to purchase a meal plan?

Most residential students must purchase an unlimited access meal plan. Exceptions are made for juniors and seniors in our nursing and education programs and for students living in Twin Springs and Heritage Condos.

Visit Dining Services for more information.

Is there a laundry service?

Washers and dryers are available for use, free of charge in all dorms. Twin Springs and Heritage Condos have washer and dryer hook-ups, but do not include a washer or dryer.

Can residents rearrange furniture?

Yes, students may feel free to rearrange the furniture in the assigned room, but all furniture must remain inside room.

What should I use to hang my decorations?

We have found that the best way to hang decorations are with 3M Command Strips. Students should not put holes in the walls.

What are the measurements of the rooms?

Bedroom dimensions by building are:

  • Garrison and Sewell Halls (15’ X 12’)
  • Merritt and Otwell Hall (15’ X 12’)
  • Cleveland Courts (15’ X 12’)
  • New Dorm (13’ X 11’)

What are the measurements of the windows in my dorm?

Window Sizes by building are:

  • Garrison and Merritt Halls (51” X 48”)
  • Sewell and Otwell Hall (62” X 30”)
  • Cleveland Courts (46” X 36”)
  • New Dorm (49” X 38”)

How much clearance room is under the beds?

The height of the bed is adjustable, and the clearance under the beds ranges from 3 inches to 30.5 inches.

What size sheets should I bring?

Twin size, extra-long sheets will fit our mattresses.

How are roommates assigned?

After completing the enrollment application, students are prayerfully considered and paired with a roommate that best suits their preferences and interests.

Can I request a roommate?

Yes, you can request a roommate on the enrollment application. We make it a priority to accommodate all requests.

Is cable TV provided in my room?

Cable TV is provided in every bedroom and in the living rooms of apartments.

Is internet provided in my room?

Yes, internet is provided. Wireless internet is available in all residence halls and across campus. Wire internet is available in Garrison, Sewell, Otwell, Merritt and New Dorm. Students will need to provide their own ethernet cable.

Please contact IT with any questions regarding your cable or internet at ext. 3401 or helpdesk@truett.edu.

What are the requirements to live off campus?

Truett McConnell University is committed to the residential college experience and thus expects traditional aged single students to live in campus housing.  To be eligible to apply to live off campus, students must meet one or more of the following criteria:

  1. Living with, and commuting daily from, the primary residence of a parent or legal guardian
  2. Twenty-two years of age or older and completed 90 or more hours of coursework
  3. Married
  4. Twenty-five years of age or older

New students wishing to live off campus must complete the enrollment application, pay their $175 enrollment fee, and receive written permission from Truett McConnell prior to entering into any agreements for off-campus housing.  Applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the academic term.

Can I have a pet?

No, students are not allowed to have pets on campus. Any indication of pets will result in immediate removal of the pet and the potential loss of housing privileges.

Is bicycle parking available?

Yes, bicycle parking is available at most buildings on campus.

How do I get maintenance issues fixed in my room?

For any maintenance issues, please email mr@truett.edu and facilities will attend to the requests at the first available opportunity.

For emergency maintenance issues (water leaks, A/C, and heat failure, etc.), please contact your Resident Assistant or Resident Director as they will be able to assist you. Our facilities department responds to emergency maintenance issues 24/7.