AreaDean of Nursing | Faculty
Office Phone706-865-2134, ext. 6000
LocationHolcomb Education Center
- PhD., Nursing, Georgia State University, 1999
- M.S. FNP, Georgia State University, 1987
- B.S.N., Georgia State University, 1985
- A.S.N., Kennesaw State University, 1980
- Undergraduate Nursing
- Graduate Advanced Practice Nursing
- Graduate Nursing Education
- Global Health Issues
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- University of North Georgia – Professor Emeritus 2017
- Georgia Board of Nursing (GBON) 2004 – 2009
- GBON Rep to the GA Board of Medicine 2007-2010
- AANP State Award for Excellence for Georgia NPs 2003
- Georgia Association for Nursing Education – Board Member 2002-2005
- 2005 Jane Van de Verde Georgia Outstanding Nurse Educator Award recipient
- Sigma Theta TAU – Tau Psi Chapter – Excellence in Education Award 2015
- Certified Nurse Educator since 2005
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner since 1987
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- United Advanced Practice Nurses
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Baptist Nursing Fellowship
- Martin, L., Montoya, N. & Barnett, T (2015). “Impact of Nurse Certification on Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes: A Literature Review. Journal of Continuing Education. 46 (12), 549-554.
- Logue, L & Barnett, T. (2014). “Advance Care Planning in Terminal Illness: A Descriptive Pilot Study. Advance for NP’s & PA’s.
- Williams, S., Matthews, M. & Barnett, T. (2011). “Lyme Disease Update”. Advance for NPs & PAs, Vol 2 (7), pps 27-28, 30-32, 38.
- Brown, B & Bell, M.B. (Barnett, T-advisor) (2007). “Heart Failure: A Common-Sense Approach. Advance for Nurse Practitioners, Vol 5 (3), pp. 65-67.
Dr. Toni Barnett joins Truett McConnell University as Dean for the School of Nursing effective January 1, 2019. She has been a nursing educator and served as a faculty member with the University System of Georgia (USG) for 27 years when she retired in 2017 as Professor Emeritus. During her tenure with the USG, Dr. Barnett served as a Program Coordinator, Graduate Coordinator, and Department Head, in addition to leadership roles in nursing and the Georgia Baptist Convention. She served on the Georgia Board of Nursing and as an Accreditation Program Evaluation for Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Dr. Barnett served on the Georgia Baptist Health Foundation Board (2005-2010), the Truett McConnell University Board of Trustees (2003-2009), and the TMU Presidential Search Committee (2007).