AreaDean of Nursing | Faculty
Office Phone706-865-2134, ext. 6000
LocationHolcomb Education Center 118-A
- Ph.D. studies, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University
- M.S.N., University of South Alabama
- B.S.N., Oklahoma Panhandle State University
- A.D.N., Gadsden State Community College
- Professional Values research
- Spirituality in Nursing research
- Member of ANA (American Nurses Association)
- GNA (Georgia Nurses Association)
- GANE (Georgia Association of Nurse Educators)
- STTI (Sigma Theta Tau International, nursing honor society)
- NCF (Nurses Christian Fellowship).
Mrs. Celeste Dunnington was born in Gadsden, Alabama, but now calls Cleveland, Georgia home. Married to Jim, they have 2 grown sons, Seth and Josh, and 1 daughter, Jame’. Celeste and Jim have 4 grandchildren. Mrs. Dunnington has been a RN for over 30 years, working as a bedside nurse for over 25 years and in nursing education for the last 8 plus years. She came to TMU from Middle Georgia State University. Mrs. Dunnington is completing the final portion of her dissertation through the Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University.
In August of 2014, Mrs. Dunnington joined the TMU family as the Division of Nursing Chair, and Associate Professor of Nursing.
During this time, TMU Division of Nursing has graduated 2 classes, accomplished a mission trip to Kenya and Zambia, and achieved CCNE accreditation.