LocationMiller Hall 105
- B.S., Physics, Stetson University, 1996
- M.S., Physics, Georgia State University, 1998
- M.Ed., Science Education, Georgia State University, 1998
- Ed.S., Educational Administration and Supervision, Lincoln Memorial University, 2008
- Science (Physics and Astronomy)
STEM (Physics and Physical Science)
Amy Hayes is a native of Decatur, Georgia, and attended college in Florida. Upon receiving her undergraduate degree in physics, she returned home to Atlanta to pursue her graduate degree, eventually receiving dual Master’s degrees in both physics and education. Amy spent the next 17 years as a high school science teacher, both in private and public schools, in Georgia and Illinois, and in traditional and online schools. In 2015, she transitioned into post-secondary education by joining the Online Learning Department staff at Truett McConnell University, and also serves as an adjunct professor in STEM classes. Amy’s husband is also a lifelong educator who currently teaches high school math. They live in northeast Georgia with their son and attend church in nearby Clarkesville, Georgia.