Truett McConnell University is located in Cleveland, the county seat of White County and the “Gateway to the Mountains,” at the southern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Nearby are the headwaters of the Chattahoochee River and Lake Sidney Lanier. Gainesville is 25 miles to the south, and Atlanta is 70 miles to the southwest.
The campus is situated on 225 scenic acres in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Students enjoy a large variety of clubs and organizations, intercollegiate athletics and the unique experience of on-campus residence. Serving mainly traditional-age students, TMU provides a learning rich in beauty, encouragement, and challenge–a winning combination for academic and personal growth.
Directions to Campus
- Take I-85 north through Gwinnett County; merge left onto I-985 toward Gainesville
- Drive 24 miles and leave I-985 at Exit 24
- Turn left onto US 23/Jesse Jewell Parkway, and go to second traffic light
- Turn right onto Limestone Parkway, and continue until it dead-ends into US 129
- Turn right onto US 129, and travel approximately 20 miles to town of Cleveland
- At traffic light on the square in Cleveland, turn right onto GA 115 East (East Kytle Street)
- Continue one mile, and see the college on the left of the highway.
From GA 400
- Take GA 400 north to traffic light near Dahlonega
- GA 400 will become Long Branch Road/GA 115 at the traffic light
- Continue on Long Branch Road/GA 115 several miles to intersection at traffic light
- Turn right and continue on GA 115 East to the town of Cleveland
- At traffic light on the square in Cleveland, go straight ahead for one mile
- See the college on the left of the highway