Full admission to the Master of Science in Biology may be granted to applicants who meet the University’s minimum graduate admission criteria and the following qualifications:
- Have a STEM GPA of 0 out of 4.0 including all biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics coursework.
- A score on the Graduate Records Exam General Test in at least the 55th percentile (average for the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections).
- A minimum of 24 hours in biology, including courses in cellular and molecular biology, genetics, physiology, ecological science, and/or organism biology. Applicants should also have the equivalent of one year of general chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics and at least one semester of college calculus. Applicants with deficiencies in any of the course requirements may be admitted on the condition that noted deficiencies are corrected during the first year in the program. It is understood that any deficiencies might extend the time to complete the degree program.
- Official application for admission. Apply online.
- A personal statement illustrating the purpose for pursuing a graduate degree in biology and highlighting the attributes that the applicant brings to the graduate program.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from faculty members at a previous academic institution.
- Any additional information as requested by the Admissions Committee.
Return to the Master of Science in Biology.