For all job opportunity listings, click on the position to open the job description information.
JOB DESCRIPTION: INTRAMURAL STAFF
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The position of intramural staff is responsible for setting up, running, and officiating the intramural sporting events, which support the mission of the Truett-McConnell College Office of Student Development.
2. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in setup and cleanup of equipment and facility for assigned sport(s).
• Be knowledgeable of all the intramural sports officiating rules and NAIA playing guidelines for their assigned sport(s).
• Attend regularly scheduled Intramural Sports staff meetings and training.
• Perform other intramural sports program tasks as assigned by the intramural coordinator.
• Make fair and consistent calls. Be respectful and professional to participants and fellow staff.
• Pay attention to the game at all times. Cell phones are prohibited during work hours.
• Inform scorekeepers of points scored and fouls incurred throughout the game.
• Always come properly equipped – whistle, shoes, flags, etc. Wear proper attire to all games:
- Intramural Sports shirt
- no jeans, sweats, or cutoffs
Required: currently enrolled, with a minimum 2.0 GPA, and in good standing with the college. Intramural staff is not allowed to participate in intramural events.
Preferred: CPR & First Aid certification and officiating experience. Have adequate previous athletic experience that helps with officiating intramural sports.
Wages: $8 per hour
Truett-McConnell College does not illegally discriminate against any individual for reasons of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status; however, the College may discriminate on religious grounds in its employment practices in order to fulfill its mission. It is the policy preference of Truett-McConnell College to hire employees who are Christians, active in their churches and supportive of the goals of the College. Preferences in hiring exist for persons of the Southern Baptist faith. The College is also committed to building a more ethnic and racially diverse faculty.